RE: [gtk-list] GTK manual/tutorial

On 21-May-98 Igor Furlan wrote:

> I am new in the X Tools and GUI programming. This tells you
> everything. Few days ago I did stumble on
> GTK home page. I Have to admit that I am very impressed
> with the work you guys already did it.

  I would add a hearty AMEN to that.

> I am trying to learn about GTK as much as I can from
> "online" tutorials and manuals. Reading from the screen is not
> very convenient.
>
> Is there any documentation in postscript format ???

On the main http://www.gtk.org  homepage there is a section that lists GTK
documentation, including the GTK+ Tutorial, GTK+ FAQ and various reference
guides (though the reference guides are pretty hollow I think... lots of room
to fill in).  Below that list there are two links to 'all the above in
.tar.gz format'  one link is for HTML, the other is for Postscript.  The only
complaint I had about the postcript, was it didn't include the figures (there
were only a few).  Instead, a line or two of HTML looking gobbledy-gook was
printed.

bob

This message was sent by XFMail at 18:11:40 on 21-May-98 by:
Bob Robison          Southwest Research Institute,http://www.swri.org
Principal Engineer         Signal Exploitation & Geolocation Division
brobison@swri.org               Phone:(210)522-3935/Fax:(210)522-2709