Re: [gtk-list] Re: MDI?

On Tue, 19 May 1998, David Sundqvist wrote:
> Hm, with the risk that this has already been said, there is an ICCCM
> property called WM_TRANSIENT_FOR(WINDOW) which is what Netscape uses (you
> can see it with the xprop program). From what I can see it doesn't appear
> to be implemented in gtk/gdk, but it's definitely something I'd like to
> see there too.

Well, there I put my foot in my mouth. After some more looking it _is_
implemented, but (unless I'm doing a repeat mouthfill) it sets the
wm_transient_for to the root window. Not that I'm sure that setting it
to something else, like the ID of the top-level application window
would actually cause the sought effect. I'll go back to studying Xlib
now, I think. :)

Best regards,
David