Newlines in Gtk_Entry ??

Hi,
I was wondering, is there a gtk widget that takes multiple lines
of text, and resizes itself to the number of lines ?
(Gtk_Text is 10 lines high minimum, and Gtk_Entry doesn't
 take newlines, except when you paste them, and then displays
 them like whitespace)
So, either is there a way to make a Gtk_Text widget be as few lines
high as possible, or is there a way to let Gtk_Entry take multiple lines?

Furthermore, (but not important) is there a way to get Gtk_Table to
be of variable, growing dimensions (even in one direction ?)

Tnx, Shade and Sweet Water,
--
Willem (@stack.nl)
            drugged or something..