Re: Newlines in Gtk_Entry ??

willem@stack.nl (Willem-Jan Monsuwe) writes:

> Hi,
> I was wondering, is there a gtk widget that takes multiple lines
> of text, and resizes itself to the number of lines ?
> (Gtk_Text is 10 lines high minimum, and Gtk_Entry doesn't
>  take newlines, except when you paste them, and then displays
>  them like whitespace)
> So, either is there a way to make a Gtk_Text widget be as few lines
> high as possible, or is there a way to let Gtk_Entry take multiple lines?

The Text widget will always request a size of 10 lines high, but
you can override that with gtk_widget_set_usize(). (You can
set the width to -1 if you don't want to control that dimension).

> Furthermore, (but not important) is there a way to get Gtk_Table to
> be of variable, growing dimensions (even in one direction ?)

Try simply attaching beyond the initial bounds. The initial
size of a GtkTable is (now) simply a hint. It will expand
as needed.

Regards,
                                        Owen