Re: [gtk-list] resizing window causes logout on Solaris 2.6

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Todd Dukes wrote:
> I can see a bad app (mine) or a library under
> development (gtk+) could cause an app to crash.
> But is it acceptable for an app to be able
> to log someone out?
>
> Todd

It's not actually logging you out (i.e. causing some sort of "log out"
message to be sent), it's actually just crashing...but crashing so hard
it's taking the Xserver with it (an XIOError apparently?).  When your
shell (the Xserver) goes so do you.

As for why it's crashing like this?  Beyond me. :/

---
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear
 to man as it is, infinite."  -- William Blake

Todd Pafford   galen@erols.com