Re: resizing window causes logout on Solaris 2.6

Todd Dukes <tjdukes@flash.net> writes:

> I have done this several times but I
> have no idea why it happens.
>
> I can resize one of my applications windows
> by grabbing the border and moving it. The
> whole screen goes white for a few seconds,
> then black, then I get the xdm/cde login
> screen asking me for my login id.

(As someone else mentioned, what happened was your XServer crashed)

> Once it had created a core file, but stupid
> me erased it. I did look at it before I
> erased it. It looked like it went though
> a function that was XIOError() or something
> like that then through g_error() and
> some other functions I dont remember at all.
> The last function was something like _libc_kill()

This is a side effect off an XServer crash, not the cause.
Once X died, the next time GTK tried to send a command to
X, an XIOError occured.

What you really need is a core file for the X server ;-)

> I guess my real question is: Has anyone else
> seen this?
>
> I can see a bad app (mine) or a library under
> development (gtk+) could cause an app to crash.
> But is it acceptable for an app to be able
> to log someone out?

No it isn't. Complain to Sun.

Regards,
                                        Owen