Re: Patch?

On Wed, 13 May 1998, you wrote:

>My impression is that the original gives a slightly "sharper"
>look at the corners, while your look is slightly rounded.

 Maybe, but as all shadows are casted by a virtual light
 off 10:30 o'clock, the old look isn't really correct IMHO.

>(Remember, when looking at this with xmag, what is being drawn here is
>not two overlapping rectangles - it is a groove. And since the groove
>can't be accurately represented at this resolution, what is correct is
>a matter of what looks better. "The inner feel")

 By the way: It would be simply possible to draw those frame by 2 rectangles.

>The second is issue how they are drawn:

>Various places in the GTK+ code assume that the draw_shadow
>code will draw an entire rectangle, not a rectangle missing
>two pixels. So if you want those to be in a neutral color,
>they should be explicitly be drawn with:

>  widget->style->mid_gc[widget->state]

 Is possbile. But why were shadows draw by the same color
 before as in my patch?

 Another thing I changed with my patch are the linethickness variables and loops
 which simply did nothing. If the variables are changed to a bigger value the
 results look rather weird.

 BTW: Do you think it would be a performance improvement to draw the frames
 with rectangles instead of lines?

--

Servus,
       Daniel