Re: [gtk-list] Re: Announce : new irc client

Jason Nordwick wrote:

> > Dave Swegen wrote:
> > >Oh, I would love to be proven wrong on the "take over the screen under X"
> > >issue.
>
> How does xscreensaver do it, then ?

I believe that xscreensaver (and xlock) create their own window that
emulates the root window. Accordingly (this is true for xscreensaver at
least), any program that can draw into the root window can draw into the
fake root window. That might be a viable option for the "take over the
screen under X", although I'm not exactly sure what that means in
context.

Nathan