Re: [gtk-list] Re: Announce : new irc client

> Shevek wrote:
> >
> > With all this discussion of irc clients, may I point out that the first
> > two things I seem to see written for any toolkit are a window manager and
> > an IRC client. What Linux as a whole, never mind GTK, is badly lacking, is
> > a good set of multimedia applications, anyone? Multimedia really needs to
> > be brought together. Forgive me, aren't IRC clients boring after a while?
> > I mean you cn write one in bash, or expect, or tcl even!

Well,I just want to say something here. Linux has a lot of
news/mail readers, irc clients, ftp clients, WWW clients, etc.
What Linux machines (and generally Unix machines) do not have :

1. Multimedia applications (players, development apps etc.) I
am talking about programs like Macromedia Director, etc ...

2. Games (and most of all Network Games). Linux can run on the
same machine with Winblows but we there are many awesome games
one can play in Win*ows, and in Linux ???

In my opinion it's not that difficult to write a simple nice
game in GTK. Perhaps easier than writing an IRC client that
supports Perl !!!

I do not have the time to contribute into this, but I don't like
to see so much programming time thrown away, like the 6 or 7
IRC clients ...

Just my 2p.
Mike &