Re: gdk_input_add

Des Herriott <des@ops.netcom.net.uk> writes:

| > I want to play a video stream with 25 or 50 Hz.

| It sounds like you may want to use a timer rather than gdk_input_add() -

The gtk_timeout_add function seems to be intended for this, but I have
the impression, that the video runs too slow when I use it. When I do:

  gtk_timeout_add (20, (GtkFunction) update_frame, preview);

Can I be sure that the calls to update_frame are executed with 50 Hz?
Or does the time between two calls consists of the timeout time plus
the time the program spends on other calculations in particular in
update_frame itself. I think it is a bug, when the time between two
calls to update_frame is timeout time + time to execute update_frame.

--
http://www.ping.de/sites/aibon/