gdk_input_add

Hi,

Where can I find a description of gdk_input_add:

gint gdk_input_add	  (gint		     source,
			   GdkInputCondition condition,
			   GdkInputFunction  function,
			   gpointer	     data);

condition should be GDK_INPUT_READ for example but the rest is not
clear. Is source the file descriptor? And how about function and data?

I want to play a video stream with 25 or 50 Hz. I think the easiest
way to do that, is to write a simple timer program that can be used to
feed Gtk's event loop via gdk_input_add. Or does anybody know a better
way? Perhaps a way to tell gtk_main_iteration about alarm signals?

--
http://www.ping.de/sites/aibon/