Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK+ Menu Styles...

On Wed, 06 May 1998, docwhat@gerf.org wrote:

>Exactly.  The idea is to allow existing code (with maybe a recompile) to
>accept the defaults, i.e. what ever either the WindowManager (if
>the WM is GTK/gnome aware) or the user (via a GTK configure panel)
>selected.  *OR* if the user, on the fly, does like you mention. Grab
>the menu and pull it off to a floating bar, or pushes it against the
>top (or bottom or left or right) and have it stick ala Mac or Next or
>AmigaOS.

>But the App should be able to override this behavior, too.  It may or
>may not make sense for a specific application.

 What about this:
 We offer the possibility to open a small window in which all gtk+ can share
 their menubars.... just like floating menubars in KDE but with one big
 difference: every application uses the same menubarwindow, the one having
 the focus has it's menubar in the window....

--

Servus,
       Daniel