RE: [gtk-list] Window destroy prop with gtk--

On 27-Mar-98 Oliver Freyd wrote:
>Now as I've upgraded to gtk+0.99.8 and gtk---0.7.18 I've found
>that without any delete event handler windows get destroyed when
>one clicks the delete button. Afterwards the object is gone and has to be
>recreated.
>
>BTW, try  the example "testme" from gtk--, push the button to open the
>fileselector, then destroy it. If you push the button again, you get the error
>messages:
>
>** WARNING **: file gtksignal.c: line 299 (gtk_signal_lookup): "gtk_type_is_a
>(object_type, GTK_TYPE_OBJECT)"
>
>** WARNING **: gtk_signal_emit_by_name(): could not find signal "show" in the
>`(null)' class ancestry
>
>Any easy way out?

Maybe that was a bit unclear.
I know the default behavior of the "destroy" event has changed in gtk+.
And I've seen the postings about how to put your own handler instead
of the default one, like it is done in testgtk.c.

Only I don't know how to do it in c++, and  without defining a new class.
That would be useful when using the Dialog windows, and redefining them
just for a correct delete function would be... well, a bit awful.

Unfortulately I don't know enough about the innards of gtk,
so I'd have difficulties making a patch...

Bye bye, Oliver