[gtk-list] backspace key sending delete events

As I mentioned it a couple of months ago, when I hit the backspace key
the next caracter is deleted (instead of the previous).

Owen told me that the behaviour was correct on his dev tree, but
with all my configs, versions, etc... the backspace key always
behaves like a delete key.

Am I alone with this behaviour? Or did Owen's computer mutated months
ago to automatically solve annoying problems? :)

Patrice.