Re: [gtk-list] Problems with GTK+ .99.8 and Imlib 1.1

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Derek Simkowiak wrote:

> 	Imlib loads the image just fine, but about 50% of the time that
> I run the program it displays a blank, grey window instead of the JPG (or
> GIF, or whatever) I loaded.  It seems almost random in when it works and
> when it doesn't.
I'm sure that my comment wouldn't help you but may lead to the solution.
I'm using GdkImlib to play a little animation.  Using GTK+ 0.99.3 all
works fine (at home I'm to lasy to update my libraries and so I can
verify that it is true).  Starting with GTK+ 0.99.4 up to the latest
version 0.99.8 the following apears:

 1.  my animation shows the first pixmap -- fine
 2.  my animation shows the second pixmap and
 3.  immediately after the second pixmap flashed over the
     screen the first pixmap overwrites it
 4.  the same with all following pixmaps, so that after
     the new pixmap was drawn the very first state will
     be restored every time.

I reported this probelm to the author of Imlib.  Unfortunately he
couldn't reproduce this behaviour form GTK+ 0.99.7 (but for 0.99.4
up to 0.99.6 he reported the same problem).  But my problem stays
under two differnt environments:  Debian/GNU Linux (using the
Debian GTK-packages but Imlib I compiled myself due to a minor bug
when loading TIFF images in Imlib) and HP-UX 10.20.

May be the problem is another flavour of the same bug and could
help detecting the problem.

Regards

        Andreas.