Re: New system for getting information about GTK

Raja R Harinath <harinath@cs.umn.edu> writes:

> I think now is a good time to fix the problems with `glib' too.  As a
> first step, I would suggest installing glibconfig.h into
>
> 	toolincludedir=$exec_prefix/$target_alias/include

I've read your previous mails - but one thing I don't quite understand
is why $target_alias is in here. If $exec_prefix is architecture
dependent, then why is this necessary?

The only reason I can see for its presence here is to support
people who are building with $exec_prefix == $prefix, but
a separate $bindir.

The other problem is that there simply isn't a standard for the
location of such files (as far as I know). With that in mind,
I'd almost rather have the include file in some place easily
connected to GTK, such as:

  $exec_prefix/lib/gtk/include

(A fairly good case could be made that includedir is architecture
specific in any case; for instance, that's how the Linux FSS specifies
it (which has been renamed to be non-Linux specifc now), and I think
quite a few packages install that way. But with gtk-config, it is easy
provide an alternative.)

Regards,
                                        Owen