Re: [gtk-list] Re: Problem with ColorContexts

Federico Mena <federico@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:

> OK, OK, I know I should write some Color Context documentation :-)

Hey, as long as you're willing to answer questions :>

> and get_pixel should be made an internal function of
> GdkColorContext.

Definitely.

> The reason you should use get_pixels() is that it will try to remap
> the color to the closest thing available in the colormap if the
> initial allocation does not succeed.

That explains a lot of strange behavior I was experiencing.

> If this looks like too much trouble, I agree.  There should be a
> simple wrapper function for getting a single pixel.

Eh, it's not that big a deal, once you know what to do...

> As a side note, maybe this blurb should be added to the FAQ under a
> "How do I use the color context / how do I allocate colors?" question.

I agree, or perhaps to the tutorial/reference docs.  At least pointers
from each location would be a good idea.

Thanks much.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>