Re: [gtk-list] Re: Wish before 1.0 - clist

Jay Painter <jpaint@serv.net> writes:

> This is not even close to possible.  clist doesn't scroll anything
> like a scrolled window.  It is impossible for anything placed in a
> the scrolled window widget to be larger than 32K pixels by 32K
> pixels.  This would limit clist to about 2,000 entries, give or take
> 1,000 depending on your font size.

Does anyone have an idea when the GTK_CELL_WIDGET functionality might
be added to CList?  Is anyone working on it?

The reason I ask is that I'm involved with the
xacc/watermark/cbb/gnomoney merger (all free Quicken-like programs),
and one of the goals is to migrate the UI from Motif to Gtk.  It looks
like the CList will handle much of what we need for financial
registers, but it would be really nice to be able to edit the data in
place.  That would require being able to respond to user clicks on
cells, and convert the cell back and forth between a plain text cell
and an entry/pulldown-menu/whatever widget.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>