[gtk-list] Re: Sprites with GDK/GTK

Brett W. McCoy writes:
 > On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Brian Powell wrote:
 >
 > > Has there been any work done to create a sprite library with GTK?  There is
 > > an impressive library, XSpriteWorld++, ported to Qt, and I was thinking of
 > > porting it over to GTK/GDK so as to have a freely available lib.
 >
 > That would be a cool thing to have!

I suppose I'll start working on that soon.  No one else has said a word,
so, I'm assuming that one does not exist.  This will be a good way for me
to dig in and learn gdk!

I'll post it as soon as it is somewhat working.

 > > Does anyone have any suggestions?  Do you think GDK is efficient enough in
 > > its blitters to do scrolling animation smoothly (I haven't tried yet)?
 >
 > Ah, I love the word 'blitter'.  You must have Amiga in your background!

A little, I used to write image processing for Macs and X, and we used that
term often...

--Brian