Re: [gtk-list] Re: ANNOUNCE: Gtk+ apps repository is up!

> - - I am missing a "change entry" button - otherwise each program will
> just crowd the repository with a huge number of entries over
> time. This will probably require a password to be given at
> change-time because some jokers will start entering stupid stuff
> otherwise (someone is always childish enough, it seems).

This is something I don't know yet how I'd do. There are several ways.
The simplest way is to just have the db open, so people would come
and change whatever they need. Here we hope we don't have jerks who
would come and crap around. I think, this is what I'll do. At least
as a zero approximation. The next thing is to have some sort of password
for accessing a record in the database. But people will most likely
forget these things (remember, how many passwords, id's, numbers we have
to remember these days!). So, I am more inclined to just leave it the
way it is. I'll only set up a cron job that will back things up every
now and then -- should be enough protection against the Evil. :-)

> - - After adding an  entry it would be nice to have a button like "view
> database" or so that brings you automatically to the whole database on
> the position of the program you just entered... but this is just my
> lazyness speaking, of course. :-)

I'll do that. It ain't that hard.