RE: [gtk-list] missing some features in gtk_clist

Hi Daniel !

On 15-Jun-98 Daniel Adler wrote:
> i'm writting at the moment some sort of a file manager with gtk, and i
> have a problem with using the clist to enhance all features.

We already implemented some of your features. They will be committed
once we get them synchronized with the ctree code. Maybe two weeks... ;)

> 1. i want to have multiple selections available while holding down a
> mousebutton
> (at the moment each entry has to be selected (clicked) seperately

We implemented the Extended Selection Mode (exactly what you want).

> 2. i want different actions on the buttons to accur, e.g. you press the
> middle button
> and a menu pop up, you hold down the right button and a dragging object
> occured to
> drop it to another browser.

Popups don't belong into clist, you can code them externally using the
"select_row" signal. If you want dragging, you could do something like
we did in ctree.

> 4. i want to let the user drag'n'drop each column to a new column
> position for new views (e.g.
> you drag the file-size-column to the first position of the
> clist-display)

Swapping columns is something we would like to see, too. ;)

BTW: Have you had a closer look at ctree ? It might be the better choice
     especially for file managers. ;)

bye,
   Stefan