Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkFontSelection v0.6

Owen Taylor <otaylor@gtk.org> writes:

>  - The registry and encoding filters should be combined. Logically,
>    one doesn't think of iso8859 and 1, one thinks of iso8859-1.
>    (And there is very little use in just viewing fonts in a paricular
>    registry, and none in just viewing the fonts in encoding '1')

Well, I agree and disagree.  I certainly think of iso8859-1, so
separating registry and encoding is silly (I'm not sure about whether
it's silly in general; I just don't know).

But I *do* think it's handy to be able to filter specifically for
fonts in iso8859-1: I do this all the time in xfontsel.  Maybe I'm
just weird, though.