Re: [gtk-list] Re: A simpler guile-gtk interface

tromey@cygnus.com said:
> Jeff>   (gtk-widget-show
> Jeff>    (gtk-top-level
> Jeff>     ((title "Top-level title"))
> Jeff>     (gtk-label "here is a label")))

> Having gtk-top-level quote its arguments seems bizarre to me. Usually
> it is a mistake to introduce new syntax.

> Or did you just leave the quote out by accident?

I assume that you meant that having gtk-top-level *not* quoting its arguments
is bizarre.

This is the same syntax as let and friends.  It seems fairly natural to me to
use this syntax to create widgets with optional named attributes.

Plus, any time I can eliminate gratuitous typing, I consider that a good
thing. By defining these things as macros, I can eliminate a gratuitous '.

Lisp afficionados might possibly want the ' (although I don't see why), but I
think that novice lispers would soon curse them were they required.

				Jeff