Re: [gtk-list] A simpler guile-gtk interface

Jeff> I have started writing a new guile-gtk interface over the
Jeff> existing one.  The goal is to simplify the code and make it more
Jeff> transparent.

(I've been out and didn't see this message until today...)

Jeff> As an example, the new code to create a top-level window with a
Jeff> label in it is as follows:

Jeff>   (gtk-widget-show
Jeff>    (gtk-top-level
Jeff>     ((title "Top-level title"))
Jeff>     (gtk-label "here is a label")))

Having gtk-top-level quote its arguments seems bizarre to me.
Usually it is a mistake to introduce new syntax.

Or did you just leave the quote out by accident?

Tom