Re: [gtk-list] Re: Problem compiling gtk---0.9.5

Angel Jimenez Jimenez <ajimenez@vnet.es> writes:
>  Now that I know this, I don't understand why these files are included
> at all. It seems to me they should be created by the makefile.

They are there because automake includes targets specified at
BUILT_SOURCES to the distribution. This is probably so that people
would not necessary need the extra tools needed to build the
sources. (meant probably for things like yacc/lex which generate
source files, but only the developers need to have those tools.)

>  Tero, if you're reading this, is just for saving some time when
> building it, or is there another reason?

nope. And thats not good enough reason either.

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --