Motif -> GTK

Hello,

I want to port a little application from Motif to GTK+.
I havn't any idea about Motif programming and the meaning of
the used functions and types.  I'm a pure GTK+ beginner, too,
in fact I want to learn GTK+ programming while porting the
application.

So is there any kind of translation tool which replaces some
Motif specific strings to GTK+ (if this question makes no
sense you can see how pure my knowledge is ...) or are there
any hints/faqs in terms of porting software to GTK+

Regards

         Andreas.