Re: [gtk-list] plugin API, was Re: Glade/Gtk-- design proposals (longish)

Christof Petig <christof.petig@wtal.de> writes:

>   Thank you for this excellent proposal. Do you know of any existing GPL (or
> source available) project which implements such an inter language (and of
> course inter-process) API?

The Gimp comes to mind.  :-)  I actually haven't looked at the Gimp plug in
model, but I'm sure a lot of ideas there could be borrowed.

> Just calling another program with command line options would not work since
> you have an interdependance of the widget (C++) code (include, several
> widgets in one file).

Right, the plugin should "query" Glade for information more like a database.

> Besides that I want to traverse the widget tree leaf first - that's
> important.

Information could conceivably be queried by relationship, so you could
traverse the internal structure in the order of your choosing..

James