CList improvements - relative widths?

I think you should be able to specify clist column widths relatively,
e.g. as a percentage of the total clist width. (Actually a weighting is
better than a percentage, so you don't have to worry about adding up to
100.)

e.g. For a clist with 3 columns, I would do:

  gtk_clist_set_column_width_weighting (clist, 0, 3);
  gtk_clist_set_column_width_weighting (clist, 1, 1);
  gtk_clist_set_column_width_weighting (clist, 2, 2);

so column 0 gets 3/6 of the total width, col 1 gets 1/6, and col 2 gets 2/6.

Currently any extra space goes to the last column, which isn't usually
what you want to happen.

Ideally you would be able to use specific sizes or weightings, or even both
(when the specific size would be used as the minimum size).

Another nice improvement would be a function to calculate the width needed
display all the entries in a given column, so the column width could be set
explicitly (handy for lists which never or rarely change.)

Damon