Re: [gtk-list] gtk_file_selection_new() problem

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, John Looney wrote:
> #include <gtk/gtk.h>
>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> {
>    GtkWidget *file_sel;
>    gtk_file_selection_new("Hello");
>    printf("Got to here\n");
>
> }
>
>  It didn't even print out the "Got to here" - it just used up all my swap,
> and the machine died. Most annoying. Am I doing something funny, or is it
> something known ?

Well, the problem with this test program is that you didn't call
gtk_init() or gtk_main() or show the widget.  I don't know if you did that
in your real program, but if you didn't I bet that's why it doesn't work.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp