RE: [gtk-list] gtkwidget + sprintf = bug ??

	Just cleaning out my mailbox, I found this ...

	Hope you have fixed it by now !

>  char *str;
>  int i;

	    .. blah, blah, blah
> 	 sprintf(str,"%d",i);
	    .. blah blah blah

	The 6 GtkWidget* declarations thing was a red herriing, as these
declarations go on the stack, and merely change the point in time at
which this program WILL crash.

	As far as I can see, 'str' is un-initialized by the time that
you try to sprintf into it, so that is the sole cause of your problem.

	try declaring it as
	static char str[64];     or however big you need it to be.
Making it static will prevent it from flogging the stack too heavily
whenever this function is called.

	ta,
	Steve O'Connor