Re: [gtk-list] Re: XmUpdateDisplay equivalent?

//On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
//
//> Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to XmUpdateDisplay() in GTK?  I
//> need it to force a dialog to be displayed before a long winded callback
//> gets started.
//
//would this work?
//
//while ( gtk_events_pending() ) {
//  gtk_main_iteration();
//}

For me, that worked. _However_, this also processes stuff like mouse button
clicks, so that the user can run around clicking on various buttons and the
like, causing other user callbacks to be called. This is an open invitation to
disaster. (I know it caused disaster in my application.)

Now, this is an often recurring problem, and I, for one, would like to see a
problem-free solution. Isn't there a function that could be written that scans
the event queue for relevant events (those related to mapping and exposure, I
would guess) and processes them, then calls only the redraw queue idle handler?
(This is just a suggestion, I don't know enough about the internals to know if
this is possible.)

Regards,

Johannes.
--
<insert funny quote here>

Visually inspecting visual programming languages.