[gtk-list] Re: Changing widget attributes in gtk

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, robert havoc pennington wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Eric Wong wrote:
> >
> > Change "-adobe-symbol-yadda-yadda-yadda" to whatever font
> > you want.  (x)fontsel is great for this.
> >

> Sort of a tangent: Is there a list somewhere of fonts that are guaranteed
> to be on all X servers? Are there any such fonts?
>
> Basically wondering which fonts it's safe to hard-code.

I believe only the Fixed font is guaranteed to be available everywhere. If
I'm not mistaken it says so in the Xlib Programming Manual (1st volume in
the X series by O'Reilly). Of course, things might have changed since
then, since that book only covers X11R5 (and perhaps earlier).

Per Lewau (perle@lysator.liu.se)Student of Computer Science at the
				University of Linkoping,
				Sweden.
"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"
						- Hobbes