er...subclassing related question

Maybe this is a crazy question, but here goes.  I am trying to create a
new button type that is a subclass of GtkButton.  I followed the
GtkToggleButton as a model but whenever I try to run an app using the new
button type I get the following messages:

** WARNING **: GtkContainerClass::add not implemented for `GtkBButton'

** WARNING **: gtk_signal_connect(): could not find signal "clicked" in
the `GtkBButton' class ancestry

** WARNING **: gtk_signal_connect_object(): could not find signal
"clicked" in the `GtkBButton' class ancestry

** WARNING **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3690 (gtk_widget_real_realize):
"GTK_WIDGET_NO_WINDOW (widget)"

I see nowhere in GtkToggleButton's code that excuses it from having
gtk_container_add_unimplemented called for it, but for some reason I am
blessed (cursed?) with that situation.  Can anyone offer any ideas for
help, or point me to a better example for subclassing?

Thanks.

--Jason

Jason A. Pfeil, Computer Science Graduate Student      101 Carothers Hall
http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~pfeil			       C3527 University Center
pfeil@cs.fsu.edu				       (850)644-8014