Re: [gtk-list] RE: Object args and all that stuff...

dachaplin@email.msn.com writes:

> > Whilst inching forward yesterday (still making glacial progress on my
> > RScheme bindings for gtk+) I came across the object args stuff. This
> > looks really great, seems it could make binding to dynamic languages
> > *very* convenient. However, there didn't seem to be many widgets that
> > actuallt take advantage of it (GtkWidget, GtkObject, GtkButton, others
> > ???) and the tutorial said that it was pretty much an unimplemented
> > facility.

Suggestion: an easy way to make RScheme bindings work would be to
modify the gtk.defs translator from the guile-gtk package, you should
be able to make things work with very little actual coding and make
alll widgets work that way. In fact, you'd also get Gdk and Gnome
bindings for free, since there are .defs files for these as well.

 - Maciej Stachowiak