gtk(gnome?) / kde interoperability

On Sun 12 Jul 1998, Joel Becker wrote:
> 	My impression is that KDE would like to work with Gnome, while
> Gnome would like to stamp KDE out.  It is this non-coexistance attitude
> from the Gnome camp that I don't like.

there is no bad attitude. it's only that nobody works on that.
from gnome i read "we are too busy with other stuff", from kde i read
"yes, we would like that very much", but nobody works on it.

so, if you have some spare time : work on it. if you can submit patches for
interoperability, both parties will accept them (would be a big blamage, if
they didn't).

if i have some spare time next month, maybe i can look at gnome panel, kde
panel and debian menu, to make them all read and use the same files. but i'm
not sure if i have enought time/knowledge/... to do that.

andreas