Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk-- wrappers

On 12 Jul 1998, Tero Pulkkinen wrote:

> It would be nice if gnome widgets used this too where the _new function
> have much code.

OK, it's easy to do so I'll plan to do that as needed.

> We dont allow this situation by increasing reference count at constructor.
> and then deccreasing it at destructor. Only problem in gtk is the
> delete_event signal - if people return wrong thing from that, it'll
> break gtk--. :(

Because delete_event normally causes a destroy rather than an unref?

It sounds like the GnomeDialog widget will be a problem here.

> > - Where would this go in CVS so it could use gensig and build nicely?
>
> gensig is installed to your system when you install gtk--.

Excellent.

> Maybe we should create a directory under gtk-- module called gnome_widgets?

Yep, that makes sense. I'll do it as soon as I have a widget wrapped. (but
please, no one hold their breath  :-)

Havoc Pennington ====  http://pobox.com/~hp