Re: [gtk-list] Re: vi bindings for text widgets

>  what i really hate on X and various X widgets on linux is the fact that
>  one can't do almost anything without mouse. and i hate to use mouse,

  That is not Linux specific. I like the mouse, however I hate to have to
  use it when a (few) keystrokes would do the job faster or more effectively.
  In GTK the only feature I don't like is to have to click to focus, same
  goes with MSWin, which doesn't help people with RSI, don't have that but
  recently I had to begin using the mouse with my left hand because of
  'forced mouse abuse'.

>  because it slows down my typing and all. i'd go nuts if i had to take my
>  mouse in my hand, move some screens away, select the line i want to copy,

  To select text, position your eyesight on the beginning of the text to
  to be selected, wink with the left eye to anchor it. Move eyesight to
  end of text, wink with the right eye to finish selection. Then raise
  eyebrows to cut the selected text and lower eyebrows to paste it. I
  guess that would relieve the stress from the hand but then I would
  have facial stress :)

  But yes, many times I have been able to beat other people with my fast
  keystrokes/vi command (I am a fast typist too) yet I believe there should
  be a simpler method rather than using VI mode.

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands