Re: [gtk-list] Patch to solve a litle typographic mistake that happend 86 times

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, David Abilleira Freijeiro wrote:

> Hello.
> 	As subject says this is a simple patch to correct a typographic bug. I
> wan't able to upload it to ftp.gimp.org becouse it says there is too
> many people loaded. I could not upload another patch I´ve sent to the
> list few days ago.
> 	Here are the README and the patch itself:
>
> -------- gtk-abilleira-980703-0.patch.README -------------
> This patch is to correct a litle typographic mistaky in some code
> comments.
> This is a non important mistake, but is curiosius to see the same bug
> 86 time GTK+ source code. This patch is against 980701 snapshot.
>
> In gtkobject.c you can see:
>
> void
> gtk_object_init_type (void)
> {
>   GtkType object_type = 0;
>   GtkTypeInfo object_info =
>   {
>     "GtkObject",
>     sizeof (GtkObject),
>     sizeof (GtkObjectClass),
>     (GtkClassInitFunc) gtk_object_class_init,
>     (GtkObjectInitFunc) gtk_object_init,
>     /* reversed_1 */ NULL,   <-- Must be reserved not reversed
>     /* reversed_2 */ NULL,

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!

i'm guilty as charged!
people told me often enough, but somehow this typo slipped through, ugh ;(

ok, i'm going to have another 68 files commit then ;(

thanx for mentioning it and pointing out my stupidity btw ;)

>     (GtkClassInitFunc) gtk_object_base_class_init,
>   };
>
> Perhaps due to cut & paste this mistake happend in 86 widgets.
> This patch is a simple sed execution to change these strings.

---
ciaoTJ