background colour upon window creation

Hi all,

currently, it is not possible to create a transparent
window, because gdk_window_new() always set the
background colour to BlackPixel(). Is this needed
or could someone just delete those lines?

If this is (for whatever reason) needed, I'd offer
to make a patch that makes this an option.

BTW did my gdk region code make it into the CVS
tree? Can I find that out myself? I couldn't find
it in /old as someone said that unused patches
would end up there.

  Regards,

    Robert Roebling