Re: [gtk-list] Re: [Q] gtk_widget_set_style

In a previous message, Owen Taylor says:
> In anything but the most trivial demo applications, if you
> want something to have a different font, you should use
> a gtkrc and set up a separate named style for that usage,
> instead of hard-coding it into your program.

Except that if you use any of the composite widgets you can't actually
set the composite styles.  IE, I can't set the font style of the
fileselection widget list entries (at least before it was changed to use
clist - I haven't tried it since then).  The problem is the composite
widgets don't appear to have default names for their individual window
components.  Or do they?

Anyway, if I want to set the style of a particular widget, the only way to do
it is to name it before I add it to another widget or realize it, and that
can't be done with composite widgets individual window components.  I
think, at some point in the future, that:

1. the composite widgets ought to have default names assigned to them that
2. changing the name of a widget, no matter where its done, changes its
   style too if a style exists for that name.

I haven't checked the style code yet (still fiddling with the rest of the
widgets) so don't know how hard this would be to do.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           | I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every