Re: [gtk-list] Re: Fileselection comments

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Federico Mena wrote:

> >  This depends if we add a filter.  Please reference this as to what
> >  my ideas for filesel are:
> >  http://www.gimp.org/~amundson/proto/filesel-2.gif
> >  Icons would be a big improvement.
>
> It looks pretty good.  I love the idea of having a paned container to
> split the directory and file listings.
>
> For the icons, what about having a function similar to this:
>
>   gtk_file_selection_set_button_creation_functions (GtkWidget * (*create_dir) (void),
> 						    GtkWidget * (*rename_dir) (void),
> 						    GtkWidget * (*rename_file) (void),
> 						    GtkWidget * (*delete_file) (void),
> 						    GtkWidget * (*info) (void),
> 						    GtkWidget * (*ok) (void),
> 						    GtkWidget * (*cancel) (void));
						   +gpointer    func_data);

and make the function prototypes like this:
GtkWidget* (*GtkFileSelectionChildCreateFunc)	(GtkFileSelection	*fs,
						 ButtonIdEnum		 button_type,
						 gpointer		 func_data);

this way the application can pack the widgets anywhere/anyhow it wants to.
the fs has to be create *before* calling the button creation functions,
and has to be shown *afterwards*.
the fs does not add the buttons to one of it's containers, but connects
to the GtkWidget::activate signal of the returned widget.

also if a function is specified as NULL, skip that button/functionality.

> These would be global to the file selection class.  There would be
> default functions declared statically inside the file selection
> module.  Then, gtk_file_selection_new() would call these function
> pointers to create its buttons.

>   Quartic

---
ciaoTJ