RE: [gtk-list] RE: IRC client

On 27-Jan-98 Tony Gale wrote:

>On 27-Jan-98 Jeff wrote:
>>
>> has anyone started a GTK IRC client yet?
>
>Yes. Me.
>
>I only started on mine 2 weeks ago, so it doesn't do much yet. I was
>also set back by having a buggy malloc in my libc - but I've sorted
>that now.
>
>I'm doing an irc client as there isn't one for X that meets my
>(somewhat picky) requirements - and I have tried then all; and also
>as  bit of a UI experiment.

I can recommend you look at some of the Amiga IRC clients for
inspiration, they are pretty slick (AmIRC, Grapevine).  Come
to think of it, the main thing I miss about my Amiga is the funky
shareware applications, in most cases I haven`t found an X
replacement that I`m completely happy with.

Hopefully gtk will be as much of an incentive to develop apps as MUI
and ClassAct were on the Amiga.

C-YA
Jon