RE: [gtk-list] IRC client

On 27-Jan-98 Jeff wrote:

> has anyone started a GTK IRC client yet?

Yes. Me.

There is also one called girc as part of gnome, but it seems to be
vaporware.

I only started on mine 2 weeks ago, so it doesn't do much yet. I was
also set back by having a buggy malloc in my libc - but I've sorted
that now.

I'm doing an irc client as there isn't one for X that meets my
(somewhat picky) requirements - and I have tried then all; and also
as  bit of a UI experiment.

Probably the best one around at the moment is the KDE one - kirc, but
don't use the latest version as it crashes on receiving messages, and
it isn't being developed anymore, AFAIK.

For a unix console client I'm currently using BitchX, which is pretty
good.

ObGTK Question: I have a text widget (oh not again I hear you scream)
with a vertical scrollbar attached, which works fine. But, when I
insert text I would like the view to change such that the new text
becomes visible if it goes off the bottom, ie. it scrolls down. How
can I do that?

Thanks

Tony
--
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@minotaur.dra.hmg.gb>
Whoever tells a lie cannot be pure in heart -- and only the pure in

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.