[gtk-list redhat com] Pixmap routine

Hello,
I like to embed xpm into the bin and it seems like it takes a lot longer to do
this than to load an xpm from a file. Is this normal?. Here's my routine

GtkWidget *create_xpm(GtkWidget *parent,char **xpm_name)
{
        GtkStyle *style;
        GdkPixmap *pixmap;
        GdkBitmap *mask;

        style = gtk_widget_get_style(parent);
        pixmap = gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm_d(parent->window,&mask,
                                        &style->bg[GTK_STATE_NORMAL],xpm_name);
        return(gtk_pixmap_new(pixmap,mask));
}
gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm_d() takes a lot longer that
gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm()
	Any suggestion(s)?
					Thanks in advance,
					       alt