Re: [gtk-list] Re: KDE Gnome Qt gtk--

I guess I should clarify- I meant to say that it was bazaar down to the
level of its toolkit.  GTK is constantly developing without a commercial
company, but with fast and furious results considering how quickly it is
gaining new features. I fully expect it to provide every UI convenience
known to man within the year. :)

Out of the box QT is not subject to arbitrary alterations by people hacking
on it.  At least, I would assume so because of the fact that it is owned,
not GPL.  More of a rallying cry for the GPL aspect of the toolkit. (You can
tell what religion I believe in :)  )

>> As for KDE becoming the premiere desktop for linux, I think that Gnome is
>> gaining a tremendous amount of momentum and has the potential to far
>> surpass other desktop projects because of the nature of its
>> development model, right down to the toolkit.
>> (bazaar) --see http://www.ccil.org/~esr/writings/cathedral.html for more
>> information about the bazaar model of software development.
>
>I believe KDE also emphasizes the bazaar model... in fact, they would say
they
>are the true followers of the Linux spirit...
>
>Anyway, these days no one has a monopoly on bazaars.   The thing special
about
>GNOME is it is an offical GNU project, with the support of Redhat and
Debian...