Re: [gtk-list] How to get X window ID of a gtk window?

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wnated to know how one could get the X window id of a goven GTK window. I
> need this to set a default icon the WM uses instead of an 'unknown
> application'-icon. I found out that I must dig this way gtk_window ->
> gdk_window -> X_window but it seems I'm not wit enough to find out the correct
> member names to get the GDK window from the GTK and the X window from the GDK
> window :-( (maybe there are some cast macros for this?)

This really is something that should be part of the gtk window widget
(gtk_window_set_icon?) because it is something that many developers would
want to do.  It shouldn't be more than a trivial hack -- I investigated it
months ago but had other priorities at the time.

Rockwalrus