Re: [gtk-list] Window Icons

> This really is something that should be part of the gtk window widget
> (gtk_window_set_icon?) because it is something that many developers would
> want to do.  It shouldn't be more than a trivial hack -- I investigated it
> months ago but had other priorities at the time.

It would be nice if applications could/would set several icons for the
window.
(with different sizes). This would be useful for WMs that use multiple
icon sizes (kde, fvwm95, icewm, fvwm).

Perhaps each applications should set the following icon sizes:
 - 16x16
 - 32x32
 - 48x48

The depth should probably be the depth of root window?

Since X allows only one icon to be set currently, we should perhaps
invent a new X property (I suggest WIN_ICONS) that would contain
the proper Pixmap Ids.

Comments?

Mark
--