Re: [gtk-list] GtkCombo 0.4

Paolo Molaro wrote:

> I uploaded to ftp.gimp.org and to ftp://ftp.pluto.linux.it/pub/developers/
> the file gtkcombo-0.4.tar.gz.
>
> Thanks to Owen for valuable suggestions (and code:-).
>
> README follows.
>
> This is a Combo widget for Gtk+.
>
> It's a composite widget (an HBox) and it has an entry and a list.
> You can use it like an entry and to track changes you should connect
> to the "changed" signal of combo->entry.
> Add the items of the list to the combo->list GtkList widget.

Hello Paolo,

in general, a combo box is a composite of a button, a list and a child area.
In the child area can be other widgets than an entry. For example, in MS Word'
toolbar
is a combo box that is used to select color - it doesn't have an entry.
Interestingly, the Qt widget set
has a combo box whose interface allows to use it with any widget, but has
extra methods to
make use of a entry child really easy. It also has a constructor that creates
the entry if desired.

I would be glad if you could build your widget the same way.

bye bye
Stefan