Re: [gtk-list] Re: Strange "delete_event" and "destroy_event"

Owen Taylor <owt1@cornell.edu> writes:

> While a quick fix could be cooked up (just removing the _ref/_unref
> pair should usually work OK), I'm not inclined to spend too much
> effort on this until we get Marius's refcounting for objects changes
> in to fix up the fundamentals.

Ahem, let me take this opportunity to announce that I should have a
usable patch any day now.  And indeed the delete_event business works
as expected with it.

All in all, the changes are much less drastic than I thought in the
beginning.  For example, testgtk works almost without changes and the
changes could very well be classified as bug-fixes I think.  I'm
actually quite pleased with the result. ;-) And it can only get
better.

I'll be moving to Munich tomorrow and it might be some days until you
hear from me again, tho.

cheers,
 Marius