Re: [gtk-list] Re: BUG: statusbar/hbox (redraw?) problem

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Tony Gale wrote:

> Tim Janik's rewrite of the Statusbar widget seems to have fixed the
> problem (although you seem to be implying problems elsewhere).

Most of his patch was very nice indeed.  In fact it duplicated a
good portion of what I hadn't committed yet in my tree.  (With some
nice changes.)  He who commits first.

> To get my previously posted test code to compile with the current
> CVS, change line 23 to:
> gtk_statusbar_pop( GTK_STATUSBAR(status_bar));
>
> as Tim has changed the interface. I'll have to go back and rewrite
> the Statusbar section in the Tutorial now. Such is life.

Don't bother rewriting that yet.  My next commit is going to completely
change the interface.

> Still, Tim has made the statusbar interface and behaviour much more
> sensible.

Not really.  The problem with the interface is the broken stack metaphor,
and wasn't really fixed but patched.  Not requiring the statusid upon
removal is seriously broken.  It may stick with the broken stack metaphor
but it doesn't mirror the intent in any fashion what-so-ever.  (My next
commit will get rid of the poor metaphor.)

--
Shawn T. Amundson		Complete Internet Solutions
Senior Systems Administrator	Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

while (i) { last }
    i, do exist.
    forever;